Top > Upgrading!
January 14, 2008

Procurement of components

The weight of the frame is much heavier than that of my 1st buggy as I used an increased size of steel materials overall. The weight is now a negative element to consider.

I want to get my buggy some more power.
I thought replacing the carburetor would be one of possible solutions, and got one as below.


The left one. Carburetor from a Honda CRM250, 2-cycle off-road motorcycle.
The internal diameter is larger than of PD79 of XLR250R. External diameter of the opening at engine side is common.


Main jet #132, and slow jet #48. Much larger than #118 and #38 of PD79.


An used and worn SuperTrapp silencer. Still in usable condition upon some repairing work.

Plans

Assuming that the air cleaner unit taken from a Suzuki Jimmny (Samurai) 660cc and already installed has enough capacity, the next plans to do are:
(1) Jet optimization of fuel jets current (XLR250R) carburetor PD79
(2) Conversion of silencer to a SuperTrapp & tuning of number of discs
(3) Conversion of carburetor to a CRM250 & optimization of fuel jets

March 30, 2008
Conversion into a SuperTrapp silencer!

The SuperTrapp has come into place together with an exhaust pipe from XR250 (MD30).


The first thing I had to do was... to come to the garage at a distance more than 100km from my home.
I put the exhaust pipe onto engine, then put the silencer to determine its exact placement.
Cutting steel material into pieces, welding them together to create the bracket by using a welder that I brought from my home.


Completed. I painted the bracket with the paint with that I painted the frame.


The image of his rear view changed due to the silencer which is in a shorter length than the one before.
Test run will be performed at the next time.


Any kind of trouble, injury, or accident caused by reproducing any of the articles posted in this website for your own or somebody's vehicles will be only at your own risk.
Copyright© 2005 - 2008 Tomonori Koga
All rights reserved.