Top > Fabrication & Build > Engine & Fuel Delivery
May 14, 2006

As I originally determined in the original concept, I want to make the buggy flexibly adaptable with various type of motorcycle engines.
I am going to make an attachment exclusively designed to accommodate an engine from Honda XLR250 that I am going to install.



Fabrication in progress, and I temporarily got it with the engine. The rest will be worked out while keeping the whole put on the frame.

May 23, 2006



Engine attachment completed. Now the frame got "the heart".



August 22, 2006
Exhaust piping

I got the original exhaust pipe of XLR250 cut in length and put some additional pieces of pipes, and got them welded to form a complete piping.


In order not to get the piping hurt by hitting the ground in case of roll over accident, I put the silencer going through the frame structure as shown.



August 22, 2006
Intake piping & air cleaner


The piping material I chose is a PVC tube designed for house draining purpose.
For the connection with carburetor, I chose a S-shape rubber tube originally designed for bath heating system.


The air cleaner that I try to use is from Suzuki Jimmny (Samurai) JA11.
The capacity should be enough as it is originally designed to fit 660cc turbo-charged engine.


Completed.



August 22, 2006
Fuel tank


I just made some brackets for the fuel tank, and got them welded onto the frame, and completed with some additional reinforcement that is not shown in the photos.

Any kind of trouble, injury, or accident caused by reproducing any of the articles posted in this website for your own or somebody's vehicles will be only at your own risk.
Copyright© 2005 - 2006 Tomonori Koga
All rights reserved.